I get “Fall Fever” every year, without fail. The fact that it’s below 100 degrees in the middle of the afternoon here in Arizona, actually FEELS cool. I know that sounds strange or even made-up to anyone outside of this area, but I’m totally serious. We even opened up a couple doors yesterday morning (it was in the 70s) to let a cool breeze through the house. It was GLORIOUS.
That is, of course, until I saw … Mr. Scorpion in the middle of our office floor! But wait. It’s okay. He wasn’t moving.
I was cautious, but not freaking out. Until David poked at it’s “dead” body to make sure it really was dead. Oh NO. No, no, no. Mr. Scorpion was totally FAKING dead and started threatening David with a little attitude.
At this point, I’m up on a chair making some sort of squealing noises, which causes Porter & Claire to come running in and check out what all the excitement was about. Once Porter began laughing at me, I calmed down a little bit, got some high tech supplies for David (plastic cup, rubbing alcohol, and a lighter) and we all went outside for an exciting show of destroying that nasty little imposter.
And so … our doors are shut now. In case you were wondering.
[ books to give away! ]
So I bet you’re wondering who gets a free copy of my new book? I was going to give 2 copies away but just reading all that YOU are grateful for, made me MORE grateful, and so I felt more generous. Congratulations to the following friends:
1. “Brooke”, who recently had car problems & wasn’t sure she could send enroll her child in pre-school (but she can, so that’s great!).
2. “pholub”, who is finally of Tamoxifin for breast cancer (so happy for you).
3. “familywithfivekids”, who was singing Wicked songs outloud & doesn’t seem to think she can carry a tune (who cares, right?).
4. “cathy.gray”, who is celebrating her husband’s 50th birthday today (and 20 years of marriage with him – congratulations!)
5. “Natalie”, who just miscarried the other day and had the roughest day of her life (you are in my prayers; I wish I could give you a hug).
Reading through your blessings uplifts and inspires me. THANK YOU for that.
Ladies, e-mail me (email@example.com) and let me know where you’d like me to ship your book. : )