You may have noticed something happening in the land of Scrapbooking Blogs yesterday. October 1st was the kick-off day for a Blog Blitz, conceptualized by the extraordinary Stacy Julian, and carried out by many scrapbooking bloggers like myself.
So I’m a day late. But in case you haven’t heard about this from other blogs yesterday, here’s the deal:
Stacy has been inspired to issue a challenge to women to become more aware and more intentional about recognizing life as it happens. This is the “Give Yourself a Present” challenge! And as she puts it, “You have everything you need right now to be vibrant and fully engaged in the creative process. Sometimes you just have to slow down, look around and realize it!”
Here’s what you do:
1. Snap ten photos of your life right now.
2. Compile these photos in an itty bitty album.
3. Keep or carry this album with you (in your desk drawer or purse) for one year.
4. Promise to glance through the album every time you stumble upon it or pull it from your purse.
5. On October 1st, 2009, create a scrapbook page about your experience. (If you read Stacy’s blog, she’ll remind you.)
Here are a couple snapshots of my life right now.
(Notice how the princess has filthy feet from playing outside just moments before getting dressed up.)
Interested in more details, pictures of an example album, and more of Stacy’s insight on this challenge? Check out her blog.