Hello, and Happy Day to you … wherever you are and whatever you’re doing. I had a baby shower for a dear friend this past weekend and thought I’d share a couple things from that.
This table was just inside the front door … a place for guests to sign in … scrapbook-style.
The sign said:
This was the layout I pulled together using stuff from the Baby Kit, since that’s what my friend is using to put together their baby’s first year album.
And I left it up to our guests to sign in:
(Woah. I promise that’s the same layout. One looks purple and the other looks pink! The pink is more true to the real colors. I’ve been using various cameras the past couple weeks since my camera’s still in the shop.)
Guests were also invited to take a small gift with them. These were sooo easy to put together. My kids even helped with the mass-production. : )
1. Cut strips of patterned paper to fit the notepads (2″ tall to wrap around to the back side).
2. Use an all-purpose craft glue to wrap the paper around the top edge.
3. Use the same glue to adhere a flower and then a bit of bling (gemstones like these can be found in craft stores and WalMart)
That’s it! Simple. Cute. And practical. Who couldn’t use a little notepad next to their computer, in the kitchen, by the phone, or in their bag?
Then … in the kitchen, these were hanging above all the food so guests could see baby pictures of mom, dad, sister, and brothers … and maybe even imagine who baby-to-be might look like.
1. Print 4″ x 6″ pictures of each family member as a baby … times two.
2. Use preferred adhesive and apply evenly on the back of each picture. (I used that all-purpose craft glue because this is a craft/decoration project, not meant to be preserved for the scrapbook or anything)
3. Place a short piece of string or ribbon (as long as you want it to be) on that glued-up back side.
4. Place another picture, back-to-back, which will seal the string between the 2 pictures.
These ideas can be adapted for a birthday party, bridal shower, anniversary party, etc. Oh! As for food … among other yummy dishes, these were a few things we had at the shower: ham & swiss rolls, red velvet cupcakes, and corn & avocado salsa.