1. Dude. Many of you are really getting slammed with snow right now. Hope you’re taking advantage of some extra inside time. Organize a closet. Read with your kids. Clean out the fridge. Watch a good movie. Oh, and back to the organizing … that’s going to be my focus tomorrow here on the blog. So if you could use a little organizing in your life, tune back in and get ready to set some goals.
2. Today’s POTD. Assuming something else doesn’t happen today that trumps this.
3. Totally honored. Organizing and Productivity Expert Aby Garvey just blogged about the parallels between why people don’t scrapbook and why people don’t get organized. And then, just today, she addressed “How to Overcome Scrapbook Overwhelm”. And guess what? Lil’ ol’ Project Life is her product pick! Super stoked that a professional organizer has caught the vision of this photo organizational tool.
Aby states, “I think [Project Life] really addresses so many of the obstacles scrapbookers face. Product selection is made easy — it’s all right there for you in the kit. Perfection is addressed. Everything is already designed for you…you simply slide in your photos and journaling cards. The time issue is addressed — this is a much faster approach than traditional scrapbooking.”
She gets it like we get it. You can read Aby’s post here.
4. Cookbook for a cause. My friend Brooke told me about this incredible project and I feel compelled to spread the word. Twenty-seven food writers unite and respond to the devastating earthquake of January 12, 2010 with a compilation of recipes. All proceeds from the sale of this book will support the people of Haiti. Go here to learn more and to have a peek at Brooke’s packed-with-personality food blog. Or go straight to the shopping cart by clicking here. I’m ordering mine today.
5. Will power update. I have totally resisted peanut M&M’s since Monday and now … I have conquered Mint Oreos. At least for yesterday and today. So far.