Why do I get so weak around peanut M&M’s? What’s your current (food-related) weakness?
You see, I had just grabbed a(nother) handful of those little yummies to munch on while I worked. And so it caused me to wonder what your go-to snack might be. I was curious. Here’s the funny part. Of all the tweets on Twitter and notes on Facebook I’ve ever posted, this simple question led to a record-setting response. Quantity and response speed.
Why? Because we all weighed in on reporting our favorite food weakness.
Let me just say that I believe life is too short to not enjoy a favorite snack now & then. But lately, the “enjoying” has been a little too much in our home lately. Busy schedules have pushed good health to the side a bit. So here’s what I’m thinking for today. I’m going to ask another question. But this time we’re focusing on strengths instead of weaknesses. Are you with me?
Q: What is one of the specific habits you have to live a healthy life? Seriously. I want to know.
A: Post a comment. Yes, you. Surely you are willing to share just one little thing that you do.
I am no example of healthy awesomeness right now, trust me. But I’ll start the ball rolling by sharing a few of my “things”.
1. I don’t drink my calories. I have made an effort to drink more water. Throughout the day and with my meals. That’s not to say I don’t love a little root beer with Mexican food once in a while. But for the most part, I pass on juice and soda.
2. I am a slow eater. Ask anyone who eats with us. I’m the last one to finish.
3. I don’t drink. As in alcohol. Beer, wine, coffee, none of it. Actually (refrain from gasping) … I never have. Like, ever. Made a conscience choice and personal commitment as a teenager to never, ever drink alcohol. Not good for my body or my mind or my spirit. One of the best decisions in my life.
4. I work out every day. Oh. Wait. Got ahead of myself. That’s what I’m going to be able to say at a later date.
5. Baby steps. I will not touch a peanut M&M this week. Peanut M&M’s are my personal enemy this week and I will win.
Okay, so that’s us today here on my blog. Focusing on the positive. So go ahead. Be positive. Focus on your positiveness. Share your positivity with us. We want to learn from you.