More on love today. Wanted to share with you an idea with Valentines Day coming up. This is actually something that we did for a few friends at Christmas time. The idea behind this — with love being on my mind so much lately — is that love is shown in so many different ways. Small and big.
One of the small ways that we can show love for our family is to leave quick notes for one another. Notes of encouragement, paying a compliment, expressing gratitude, saying we’re sorry, and even just a simple “I love you”. I have fond memories of my brothers & I putting post-it notes on the bathroom mirror for my parents. My mom kept them collaged all over the inside of the cabinet door for years.
Little expressions of post-it love. That’s it. Simple.
This is how we shared some post-it love with our friends. You can find little containers in the organizational section of WalMart or Target or the dollar store.
1. I “decorated” the top of the box with a simple label (attached with a piece of clear packaging tape). I’m more simple when it comes to decorating, but you could get really creative with your presentation.
2. The first thing you see when you open the box is a card with a note from our family, explaining what the post-it notes are for.
3. The next little card is a scripture to remind us that love is a commandment.
4. Then you see a couple of pens and post-it note pads.
5. And who wouldn’t love some candy at the bottom? Some fun red & pink wrapped Valentines candy would be so fun.
In case you’d like to do this for Valentines Day, here are a couple PDFs, ready to print.
Box label: box.label.pdf
Scripture card: scripture.card.pdf
The personal note from you should be, well … personal. So while I’m not sharing my file for you to print, here’s what our note said (click on it to see it larger):