** Originally posted on friday, 5/21 **
A lot of things make me smile right now. A lot. Here are just five for right now.
1. My friend Stephanie stopped by last week, just to give this to me (and a sweet note). I mean, how happy is this? I feel so loved. She learned to make it on notmartha.org.
2. I seriously love this magazine. I’m only two issues into it and think it should grace everyone’s home. I just really love their purpose and their mission. Thumbing through pages of enormous everyday pictures and simple recollections from people about family, love, home, and life. I just love it. I am especially inspired in: mothering, creating memories & traditions, homemaking, writing, and photography. Learn more on seeingtheeveryday.com.
3. I just had almond butter for the first time in my life. Love. David picked it up at our local grocery store where you can grind the almonds yourself and this is what you get. I’m almond butter’s newest fan. The flavor, the texture, the pureness. Mmmmm. I’ll be putting this on some celery today for a snack. (I even like it better than the freshly-ground peanut butter that he also got. And I like peanut butter.)
4. I love when our children do things that remind me of my own childhood. The older they get, the more my recollection is awaken. Like this moment, when Claire spent so much time organizing her dolls and animals on her bed. And there was barely enough room for her to curl up at the end of the bed for a snooze.
5. The spray-painting strongly continues in my life. I just spent this morning outside with the kids (school’s out!) painting several more things. Each of these items was begging for a color makeover and I happily attacked. My creative energy for home decor has been at an all-time high lately and once this Big Photography Giveaway is all wrapped up, you can expect a lot of home-related-idea-sharing on my blog in June.