Happy Monday! Now that I’ve shared sneak peeks of all our new products coming out in October, and I’m making you wait just a little longer to see the new 2012 Project Life designs, this leaves us with a little time in between. So I thought it would be utterly fantastic to dedicate this whole week to sharing a daily dose of FUN STUFF. Personal favorites, cool products, great finds, giveaways, and yes – even a video.
Today I’m highlighting my current Top 5 Faves on Amazon at the moment.
1. Corner Chomper. I love this tool from We R Memory Keepers. If you are doing Project Life, or any kind of scrapbooking or paper crafting, this is pretty much a must-have. For corners the same size as the Project Life corners, I use the 1/4″ setting on the one with aqua-colored handles.
2. Mirra chair. We have been using an old chair for years, that makes it too easy for poor posture, especially for me since I cross my legs every time I sit down. David and I finally got a couple of these chairs by Herman Miller for our home office and our posture is instantly better. In fact, every time I try crossing my legs (habit), it’s actually really uncomfortable, so I like that this chair is forcing me to sit properly. My back thanks me.
3. Nail Clippers. I know – this is so random. But David has been complaining about every cheaply-made pair of nail clippers we’ve ever owned. He found these by Seki Edge (made in Japan) and finally — no more complaining! I have to agree. There is a very noticeable difference in quality.
4. Lunch Sacks. I know that Back-to-School is back on everyone’s brain, so here’s an adorable lunch sack from SugarBooger that I just love. Claire has the Flutterby design, and there are several to choose from. A fan of the alphabet, I’m particularly fond of the Vintage Alphabet design and kinda sorta wanted to buy it for myself.
5. Signing Time DVDs. Speaking of education … the Signing Time series of DVDs are absolutely, positively, tried-and-true, a favorite in our family. We have played these DVDs probably more than any other in our collection over the years — dating back to when Porter was a baby (he’s 8 now). And now, Crew (nearly 3) uses and loves sign language too. American Sign Language is near and dear to my heart. I taught myself to sign (from a book) when I was a young teenager and later learned the language more formally, through a series of college courses.
The whole reason I set up an Amazon “shop” is because of the frequent questions I get about “Where did you get this?” or “What’s your favorite such-and-such?” Since Amazon sells just about anything and everything (including my own product), I can quickly + easily share links to these items. Everything in our Amazon shop is stuff we actually use – tried + true.
If you’re interested in browsing through everything we’ve featured, just click on our Amazon Picks (the link is always on the blog sidebar). You will see “Browse by Category” on the right — Scrapbooking, Organization, Home Office, Kitchen, Home Decor, Beauty, Books, Baby, and Kids. I add items periodically.