Hi everyone. Hope you’re enjoying the weekend. Happy to see so many of you taking advantage of a rare Project Life SALE. Noticed a few product questions and wanted to clear some things up real quick.
1. We have extended our “one-day” sale to 2 days. Amazon’s system did not cooperate and there was a delayed start to the sale. So you have all of Saturday to keep shopping with 20% off all Project Life products on Amazon. Sweet. (Thank you again for your patience.)
2. Regarding the pricing question that has popped up (it’s difficult to summarize): Price increases happen every single day. It happens to every company. We’re all paying more for things today than we were a few months ago or last year. That said, I think the reason a few of you were surprised about the increase on a few (not all) items last month is because I’m such a communicator that you probably expected I would make some announcement. I am typically very transparent with you guys and I am sorry you were surprised. Without going into all the detail, the short answer is this:
The year of 2012 will go down in history as the most insane year for Project Life. We tried U.S. manufacturing. So many things went very wrong. Without pointing fingers (what’s the point?), it actually really hurt us this year, and yet – we didn’t raise the prices. We wanted so badly to keep the prices as they have been. So we did. We kept the retail prices the same, all the meanwhile our margins went to nearly nothing. Ouch. Lesson learned. So no – I’m not putting a dime in my pocket through all of this. The opposite, actually. I hope by now you guys can trust that we really, really care about our customers’ experience – so much that it was at our own expense. Big time. So yes, a few items went up in price recently. It should’ve happened sooner.
On a related note, we still are so proud of the fact that with 3 key items << Binder + Core Kit + Big Pack of Photo Pocket Pages >> this is all you need to complete an entire scrapbook. So we’re still saving you oodles of money when compared to “traditional” scrapboking that includes a lot more supplies, tools, and gadgets.
3. As I mentioned earlier, there are some items that are very low in stock right now. We can’t predict how customers will shop this weekend so we’ve given you an idea of what looks like it could sell out very soon … but don’t be surprised if something not on the list suddenly sells out.
4. All plastics that have sold out or will sell out soon are coming back. For example we have the Big Variety Packs of 60 Photo Pocket Pages showing up again in late December.
5. All currently existing Project Life Editions – well, that’s another story. Now that we’ve partnered up with American Crafts, I am more focused on product development (yay!) and … just wait until you see what we’re launching at CHA in January. That’s where we’ll be announcing and revealing all of our new Project Life Editions that will become available for purchase in the Spring. When you see everything, you’ll understand why it doesn’t make sense to reprint “old” stuff when we have so much NEW stuff coming out. So while there isn’t a 100% promise that we’ll never, ever see a reprint of Cherry, Turquoise, Amber, Cobalt, or Clementine again … it’s highly unlikely that we’ll keep making more.
6. Bottom line: Cherry, Turquoise, Amber, Cobalt, and Clementine Editions are probably going to be retired. When they’re gone, they’re gone. So if you think you would just kick yourself for missing out on one or more of these editions, don’t miss that chance to pick it up. And now is the best time ever because having a sale is a very rare thing for Project Life. Might as well save 20% today.
7. When I say “edition” – I mean everything that goes along with an edition. Core Kit, Binder, Dividers, 12×12 Designer Paper.
8. Unfortunately the Olive, Seafoam, Baby, and Childhood Editions will NOT have the little boxes of Textured Cards offered. We will offer them again with FUTURE Project Life editions, but not with this particular batch of new releases – unfortunately. Long story.
9. If you’re wondering about the estimated arrival on any products that are coming soon, our Products page is always as updated as we know. Just find the product you’re interested in and it says it right there. Baby Editions and Arrow Stickers should be here in the next couple weeks-ish. We’re hopeful to see Olive & Seafoam Editions in time for Christmas. Childhood Mini Kits, Mini Albums, re-ordered plastics … should be at the very end of December. As always, there is no possible way for us to pin point an exact date. We wish we could. I’ll continue to keep everyone updated, thanks to social media.
10. Whatever you’re buying this weekend, be sure to add an Organizational Tray to your order – with the box or without the box. I know so many of you love gathering memorabilia for your albums – or even extra Project Life cards and accessories. This tray is so well-designed, super functional, way affordable – and for just another day, it’s downright CHEAP. You’ll love having it to store your extras and since they just became available again, I wanted to be sure you knew about it.