Many of you know that there are two things that I have avoided with strength and will power for a long time: Pinterest and getting a dog.
They’re completely unrelated but I’ve been putting off both of those things in my life for good reason. Both would entail more attention and time than I’m able to give. I know I would love it, but I can see how Pinterest would simply become addicting and a major time trap.
As for a dog? Come on, seriously. I do not have time. There is no way I can devote the energy that is required to take care of a furry thing. This isn’t the right phase of life. I already have a load of responsibility on my shoulders. I’m not ready. I have strongly resisted every time there was a heartfelt plea. Some of you are in my camp: “Stay strong, Becky. Don’t do it. It’s so much more work than you realize.” And others have said, “Do it, Becky. You’ll never regret it. Having a pet is the best thing you can do for your family.”
But here’s the thing. All things considered, this isn’t about me. And so … we pulled off a little Christmas Miracle for our kids. It really is a miracle for our kids because they knew I wasn’t ready for this yet. To wrap up the 12 Videos of Christmas series, I wanted to share the experience with you.
Thank you for joining me this Christmas as I shared 12 random videos throughout the season. Here’s a recap:
2. Get Crafty with Cleetus: Project Life edition by Cleetus McDuffy
3. One of Those Days by Kris
4. Holiday Cookies by me
5. White Chocolate Holiday Popcorn by Jenalee
6. Jordan by Eric
8. How to Tie a Bow by Ada
9. Jenny Goes to Washington by Jeff + Jenny
10. Christmas in New Zealand by Mandy and other Kiwi Scrapbookers
11. Connections Through Photographs (featuring Zachary Baird’s original music) by me
12. Our Christmas Miracle by me